After an engine’s oxygen sensor fails, it can affect the normal use of the vehicle. Many car owners are curious about how to remove the oxygen sensor.
how to remove oxygen sensor
- Prepare a special set of tools.
- Unloosen and disconnect the connection between the oxygen sensor and the connector.
- Use a special set of tools to remove the oxygen sensor from above the front exhaust pipe.
What is the impact of an oxygen sensor malfunction
The process of removing the oxygen sensor is simple. First, prepare a special set of tools. Then unloosen and disconnect the connection between the oxygen sensor and the connector. Finally, use a special set of tools to remove the oxygen sensor from above the front exhaust pipe. It’s important to protect the sensor’s wiring and body during the removal process to avoid damage.
When an oxygen sensor malfunctions, there will be a lot of carbon deposits in the engine of the car, and black smoke will come out of the exhaust pipe. Drivers may feel that their car has low power and may burn out the resistor of the heater while driving.
how to remove oxygen sensor should be paid to the following two points
1.Preventing static electricity: since the internal wiring of the oxygen sensor is very sensitive to static electricity, static electricity should be avoided during the removal and installation process. You can wear anti-static wristbands or lay anti-static mat on the ground to reduce the risk of static electricity.
2.Ensuring safety: during the operation, safety must be ensured. Avoid using inappropriate tools or force during the removal and installation process to avoid vehicle accidents or damage to the sensor.
Detailed analysis of the phenomenon of oxygen sensor failure
- The ECU of the vehicle cannot receive information about the oxygen concentration in the exhaust pipe, which results in an unstable idle speed, breathing, and lack of spark in the engine.
- The correct state of the three-way catalytic converter cannot be judged, which can lead to exceed the emission standard of the vehicle and even damage the three-way catalytic converter.